Re: How to use alternatives to switch large number of man pages

Orion Poplawski wrote:

I'm looking into using the alternatives system to support switching
between different MPI implementations (LAM/MPI, OpenMPI, and MPICH2).
Currently I'm faced with switching between 262 API man pages in man3
that currently conflict between LAM/MPI and MPICH2.

Yuck.  That could get nasty fast.

I'd suggest looking at setting MANPATH and/or MANPATH_MAP instead.

$ man man
for details.

-- Rex