Stateless Linux: lxterminal

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:34:39 UTC 2006

2006/1/27, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>:
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 11:00 +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> >
> > In what is it different from the quite mature ltsp project:
> > http://www.ltsp.org/ ?
>
> It is not a separate distribution -- it runs the _exact_ same
> software that's installed on the server. As such, it's simpler
> to maintain, simpler to understand due to its familiarity
> (if you run FC, like I do, you know it well, and I don't have
> to learn a new distro), and in environments where distros must be
> approved you don't have to push LTSP.
>
> It's a minimalist take on LTSP, 100% based on Fedora/Red Hat.
> Hence the post to this list :)
>
> --
> Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
> Lattica, Inc.
>
> --

Why not create a sourceforge.net project for your approach?`even if it
maybe wont be the _one_ solution to kill all problems that go into
that direction and even if it might be obsoleted by stateless linux at
some point it time it could still be a simple solution that just works
for its specific task. just my opinion.

regards,
rudolf kastl