RE: Compiling pcmcia drivers...

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 06:56 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Yes that would be an opinion if the orinoco driver actually fully supported
> the complete set of instructions that Agere provide.
>
> Even with the integration of the latest orinoco version, the current driver
> is not able to support scanning and doesn't support wpa_supplicant...

Upstream Orinoco has supported scanning for quite a while.  Dave Jones
merged that support into the upstream kernel sometime around 2.6.14.
Furthermore, if you really want _everything_ that the orinoco has to
offer, don't use the 'orinoco' driver, use the 'hostap' driver in recent
kernels.  That supports both Master mode _and_ wpa_supplicant.  In fact,
if I plug in my WaveLAN card, hostap seems to be the default driver
anyway, not orinoco.

What other bits are missing that aren't provided by hostap?

Dan