Rescue CD (and other) questions

1) Why isn't /selinux automatically mounted for existing installations? Without it, rpm installs do not work when rescuing from a selinux-enabled kernel, such as the one in FC5T2 (because attempts to set the file context fail).

2) I want to migrate data from an old disk onto a new one. Currently I have two logical volumes that span both disks, and take up 100% of the space. I'd like to reduce a lv, in order to migrate the data. Doesn't seem to work from the rescue CD.

lvresize -r -L -120G /dev/cobra/home2 says:
fsadm: execlp failed: No such file or directory.

Any suggestions? One of the things it's looking at is /proc/lvm/VGs/cobra.. (/proc/lvm doesn't exist).

3) Unrelated question: When I originally added my sata drive to the volume group, my kernel would no longer boot. Investigation showed that sd_mod doesn't get loaded into the initrd, and without it nothing works. I had to edit mkinitrd to make it put that module in the archive. Why would that happen?