Re: Make hardlinking kernel-devel optional

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 07:44:17PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
 > Hi.
 >
 > I't like to request to make the hardlink stage kernel-devel does on every
 > install optional. It takes a damn lot of time on my not-too-fast machines,
 > I do not exactly care about the saved disk space, and given the rate of
 > kernel changes in rawhide there are a lot of wasted CPU cycles there.

only if you have a huge number of kernels installed, which shouldn't be the case.

 > There is a /etc/sysconfig/kernel, how about dropping a "HARDLINK=yes/no"
 > there?

It would mean adding parsing to the kernel spec file, which I'm not entirely
enthusiastic about, especially for something that isn't the common case.

With installonlyn being enabled by default in rawhide yum, there should never
be >3 kernel-devel's installed.

		Dave