DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Jul 5 20:11:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:04:47 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Dear Fedora user,
>
> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall
>
> Happy testing!

I've been setting DejaVu as my preferred font in virtually every desktop
application I use since it was first mentioned to me several months ago; and I
must say that I think it's fantastic. It covers all the glyphs I use in both
en_US (US English) and es (Spanish) locales and - so far as I can tell - also
covers most of everything else I come across such as people that I
know ranting
to me in German (de). (I don't understand much of what they're saying, but the
glyphs render nicely! ~_^) It's also *much* clearer than the prior default
fonts in Fedora and a couple of other distros that I've tried.

I'm running on a 17" Amptron CRT at 1400x1050 and 111 DPI (4:3 aspect), on a
Radeon 9250 with EXA and the as-shipped Fedora X.org/Mesa/DRI stuff. An older
screenshot of my font preferences[1] is available and its shown values are
still in use on my system. I'm also using the standard Fedora freetype build.

[1] http://thecodergeek.com/images/screenshot-fonts.png
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail interface,