mirrorlist cgi - legit repo= values?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 19 14:20:15 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 08:49 +1000, David Timms wrote:
> why bother adding all that complexity to yum?
With out a clear understanding of yum, I imagined that such other
variables might already exist.

> it's just a url - how it is comprised makes no difference at all.
Yes, on second thought I agree that kiss is the way to go. I was
thinking about the differences between a repo file between fedora
versions, and developers not having to change the .repo files as
development/releases continue. But the $releasever really takes care of
that for the most part already {sans devel?}.

However, what defines the legitimate repo=X values ? Is this specified
elsewhere, or made up and hand crafted into release .repo files. Perhaps
  a non-existent repo=whatgoeshere request could provide the list of
legit values (perhaps as comments) in the returned mirrorlist ?

DaveT.