Fedora's intended target audience?

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Thu Jul 27 17:45:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:23:11AM -0700, David Boles wrote:
> Steven Pritchard wrote:
> > Maybe you should file a bug with the other repo to make their ATI and
> > Nvidia drivers conflict with xorg-x11-$something >= 7.0.  Then the
> > upgrade should get held until after the drivers have been fixed.
>
> I hope that comment was meant to be funny.

I think you misunderstood.  I meant make the packages conflict at the
rpm level.  (It's a simple matter of putting the right Requires: or
Conflicts: line(s) in the spec.)  That way yum wouldn't try to upgrade
xorg until the driver package was upgraded.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/