Leaving?

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 09:59:57 UTC 2006

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm seriously considering switching distro's after the AIGLX and target
> audience discussion. I cannot believe how arrogant most of the replies
> are, saying that if user install any third party software that then that
> thirdparty software is their problem.

If you look at the update of xorg 7.1 as an option for you to upgrade
when nVidia is ready while you can be happy with xorg 7.0
meanwhile. No other distros provide this flexibility. I have been
using Ubuntu for half a year before moving to FC5. In Ubuntu you will
stay with no major updates and I don't think this is good for desktop
users.

--
Leon