Fedora target audience, what about the research area?

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Fri Jul 28 18:19:14 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 19:55, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org> writes:
> > Actually, the ENS only has a proxy,
>
> A caching proxy perhaps? Isn't it possible to disable the X update
> there?

Yes, a caching proxy. Actually, the ENS of Paris has no intranet (all machines
have public IPs). The only purpose of that proxy is its cache feature. I
should have told that.

I duno if it is easy to configure such a caching proxy to block some updates.
Actually, the ENS sysadmins should switch to a fedora mirror, anyway. I know
that they already have one, not used.