Re: UnleashKDE

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 12:11 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> But please take some caution with all of this. The Fedora Project
> already has a lot of negaitve , all be it misinformed, bad press
> surrounding it. Just head over /. and see for yourself when ever a
> Fedora story comes up. Going around with titles such as "Unleash KDE"
> and "Kde into Extras" seem a bit ill advised.

Why? There seems to be a widespread perception of extras being a "second
class citizen". Why this may have been true in the past, this is
changing quickly. Core is now being made subject to Extras packaging
guidelines. And thus, subject to extras reviewers. :) Core is being
moved over to the Extras build system. Etc.

The long term goal seem to be to have Extras swallow up Core entirely,
and at that point become a 100% community distro. Seems obvious to me,
but maybe not to others.