Re: Request for comments: Laptop improvements

 > > Now, what i would like to ask of you is to give me some input on what
 > > you think might be something where we could do better on laptops.
 >
 > 1) Make the window manager cope with the loss/gain of an external monitor.

AIUI, the problem here is that we have no way to know that has happened.
We get no 'event' signal when things go away, and a vga cable is 'stateless'.
so there's not even a way to poll the cable to see if anything is connected.

What about with connections on docking stations. I have a external
monitor connected via DVI through my docking station.

Pete