Re: groupware for Fedora

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> With some seriously ugly hacks i got it to compile and run, of course
> still a lot of bugs but when it would be a real community project (no
> copyright assignments, and no CC-non-commercial license) I think it can
> be made to work with gcj.

Many community projects including all of the GNU ones require copyright
assignments. That is on many occasions a good practice.

It depends on whether you trust the assignee or not, as you are transferring power over your code to them.

If it's the FSF, no problem. If it's some commercial company, you're kissing your code goodbye.