other annoyances before fc5

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 21:15:58 UTC 2006

Joachim Frieben wrote:
> E.g. after removing you (GNOME) dot directories, the keyboard
> settings will be regenerated correctly, and the dialog will be
> gone.
>

>>2. With the new xkeyboard, a dialog comes up each time X is
>>started, asking if you want the X or gnome setting. There's
>>also a checkbox to not show the dialog again. But it's not
>>clear if you select the checkbox if your choice is
>>persistent.  Also it's not clear that gnome is recommended.
>>Is this only an issue on an upgrade, but not a new install??

I'm not sure what my gnome dot dircectories are, but I
assume this means the dialog won't appear with new installs
( which is good, because we won't have everybody in the
office stop work as they debate it).

In any event, my modest suggestion is that the dialog take
care of ( or ask if it should take care of ) removing
whatever directories it should.

sean