other annoyances before fc5

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 23:21:53 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> before suspending, log in as root on a tty, so that when you resume
> you can ctrl-alt-f1, and type 'vbetool post' (you'll have to type this 'blind')
> You may need to then flip back to X with alt-f7
>
> Does that do anything different ?

Uhh, no. Its not clear that my 'blind typing' actually did anything. I
tried typing 'date >foo; vbetool post >foobar' while blind, and I can
find neither file after shutting down/restarting (CTL-ALT-DEL appears
to shutdown/reboot OK).

Anyway, after typing 'vbetool post', CTL-ALT-F7 had no effect.

I tried typing this on both X41 keyboard and USB keyboard.

tom
--
Tom London