Fedora Core 5 Status

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Mar 10 20:19:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Philippe Rigault wrote:
> In conclusion, I think that:
> 1. There should be a new test release, so that gcc/glibc are tested before
> FC5 final
> 2. Since GNOME 2.14 may happen before this test release, it could be
> included.

Uhh, I'm not following the logic about testing.  It's not like you can
just install FC5, disable yum, and forget about it for years.

FWIW, at present, FC4 has over 2 GB of updates.  If there are major
bugs in any of the FC5 system components, I'm pretty confident that
they'll be fixed; as a matter of fact, I'd be surprised if the gcc,
glibc or gnome weren't updated within the next 3 months or so.