Grub Fallback -- Is it for real?

The grub documentation includes provides kernel failover provisions, but
these don't appear to work.

Should I expect this to work? Is there some other mechanism to boot a
different kernel just once--on the next boot?

Associated, the docs say there should be a grub-set-default command
which is also not present.

What's the story with these issues?

Sorry if I should be raising this elsewhere.

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.240.715.1272

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://www.ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.

janina freestandards org		http://a11y.org