Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Ralph Angenendt ralph+fedora at strg-alt-entf.org
Tue Mar 21 15:34:23 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 3/21/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure whom to address this problem to exactly. The redirect
> > issue affects both core and updates in the fc5 configs.
>
> Of course I could be completely mis-interpreting how the redirect
> magic works. The redirect stuff might be completely opaque to
> clientside and we call all be redirected to other mirrors without
> having to much in the way of clientside information that its
> happening.

I don't think so.

fastestmirror chooses download.fedora.redhat.com for me also, which
doesn't seem to be some round robin dns box. And there are mirrors in my
vicinity (Germany, Europe) which should supposedly be faster than
anything at *.redhat.com for me.

And: If something times out while downloading, yum directly comes back
to me telling me, that it has run out of mirrors to try.

Regards,

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one