Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Mar 21 18:21:08 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 10:02, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'd love an example of a client that I can use to troubleshoot this
> behavior without resorting to low level packet inspection. The
> verbosity on fastestmirror plugin doesn't indicate that a redirect is
> occuring.  And yum clean metadata    yum -d6 list updates  does not
> give me any information with regard to which mirror I'm being
> redirected to when pulling primary.xml.gz or repomd.xml.gz
> the yum -d6 output just lists the redirector url.  And now with the
> change to the mirrorlist file... lists the same url repeatedly :->
>
> What is the best procedure that I should be performing when following
> up on complaints with regard to mirrorlist not redirecting as it
> should?

Currently I think Elliot Lee is the pointman for this 'feature'.  I was asked
to try this.  If it continues to fail, I will copy over the existing list of
mirrors in -redirect to the actual mirror file that yum points to and avoid
the redirector on download.fedoraproject.org.

I think a bug to fedora infrastructure?