Crashes with via_velocity?

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 03:46:33 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, J. K. Cliburn <jcliburn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems to work fine.  I'm writing this message from the system right
> now, using the via-velocity onboard nic.
>
> system-config-network doesn't work, but that's another matter.
> (Perhaps I didn't install something critical; I did a pretty minimal
> install on a spare hdd just to see if the nic would work.)

Well, there's something else way out of whack.  Firstboot didn't run
on, well, first boot, and it won't run on subsequent reboots.
Attempting to run system-config-network produces

[root at osprey ~]# system-config-network
/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/NC_functions.py:30:
DeprecationWarning: rhpl.log is deprecated and will be removed; use
python's logging instead
  import rhpl.log
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-gui", line 67, in <lambda>
    PROGNAME, PRG_VERSION)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/rhpl/exception.py", line
337, in handleException
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-gui", line 70, in ?
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

I believe the gtk module problem explains why firstboot won't run.

This thread probably belongs on fedora-list, so I'll bow out.  Chris,
the nic works.  Hit me off list if you have specific questions.

Cheers,
Jay