Re: Fedora Core 5 common issues and bugs

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 08:24:29PM -0500, Richard Hally wrote:
> Below are two older buggs about CD problems that are worked around by
> using "linux ide=nodma" to start an install. I needed to use this to

It is random whether ide=nodma helps for disk checks. The only current solution
and one I've recommended since FC1 is to remove that feature from the
distribution entirely.

> install FC5 test3 on one of my boxes. It apparently is a kernel problem
> that has been hanging around for quite a while.

2004, but nobody cares. If you want to fix it go ahead. If not my guess is
that someone will have to fix it for the next Red Hat Enterprise Linux

> Would this be appropriate for that Common Bugs page?

Yes but the recommendation should be "never use the disk check feature"

Alan