Re: Fedora core for the Itanium

William Lovaton wrote:
How can I get test releases of RHEL 5 for testing purposes? When are the test releases planned?
Test releases for RHEL5 are not yet available. They should be available in the summer.
Is
there any relevant mailing list?
We'll post an invitation here.
Now that I know there is Oracle support in Itanium I
can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The funny
thing is that RHEL has Itanium support while Fedora
doesn't.  Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Fedora releases are driven by community interest and participation. Whereas RHEL releases are driven by business. It is a lot of work to keep any release operational on a different architecture. To date there hasn't been enough community interest and active involvement in order to get the job done.