Thinkpad, Thinkpad, Thinkpad

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 00:04:21 UTC 2006

My model is a Thinkpad T41p: The best I can do with FC5 is what I was
able to achieve with FC4:

Suspend seems to go smoothly and seems to restore ok,  *BUT* after a
few seconds I get hard disk errors all over the place:

ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: task_out_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
hda: task_out_intr: error=0x10 {SectorIdNotFound}, LBAsect=110365705,
sector=110365705

This error is repeated very rapidly and a disk check is needed on reboot.

I've tried acpi_sleep=s3_bios. This seems to help with screen
recovery, but the disk errors occur anyway.

Joe.