Split-off package config from release note packages

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 31 17:59:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:34:56PM -0500, Demond James wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >But then hell breaks loose and people accuse JoeBob of forking fedora,
> >when all he wanted to do is either provide decent mirrors (local or
> >not) for his users or additional repos. Having to replace
> >fedora-release to do that results in for example:
> >
> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnMahowald/ATrpmsWarning
> >

> What would help stop the propaganda Axel is descriptions of the changes
> that were made to these core packages.  As it stands now I do not want
> to replace the core packages with your packages simply because I don't
> now what changes you made.  Let me decided if I want that added
> feature.  Other than that great job and great repo.   Thank you!

you can use

rpm -qp --changelog package.rpm | less

I think there may even be some tool that can pull changelogs from
the repo w/o having you to download the whole package.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net