Old Flex version in FC5?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu May 4 21:25:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 09:30 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Probably explains why Benjamin noticed other distros with 2 flex
> packages (one old, one new).  Perhaps someone could review possibilities
> of dually-installed flex pkgs, and submit the "new" one to Extras. (:

Does Debian install them parallel installable?

I remember this being discussed before in an Extras review - where
someone was submitting a package that needed the new flex.

If I remember, the problem was that the new flex would have to be
installed in such a way that it was never used by mistake, and no one
had submitted a package yet. The package ended up being patched to not
need the new flex, and nothing more came of it.

How many software packages out there do not build on Fedora Core for
lack of the new flex?