License question

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri May 5 12:19:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 01:59:29PM +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> In the case of Open-Xchange we are talking about ~3.5MB of pictures and
> HTML code, which is tightly coupled to java backend code (that is
> GPLed). So rewriting the frontend is just a waste of time and writing a
> new groupware would probably be faster (especially since there still has
> to be done a lot of work to make it compile with GCJ).

Referring to "writing a new groupware": what about putting the work
in getting OpenGroupware.org suitable for Fedora?  AFAIK OGo is
licensed as GPL (and partly as LGPL).  Unfortunately, OGo is w.r.t.
packaging a real mess (last time I looked I saw that binary packages
existed that had no source packages).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>