License question

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Fri May 5 14:32:35 UTC 2006

2006-05-05 "Dimi Paun" <dimi at lattica.com> wrote

> On Fri, May 5, 2006 10:06 am, Erwin Rol wrote:
>> Zimbra also has most of its interesting features in the closed source
>> version only http://zimbra.com/products/product_editions.html .
>
> We are getting picky folks. Zimbra offers quite a bit in the free
> version, in fact it would be more than enough for a small-business,
> and surely a lot more than we have today.

The main issue I had last time I tested zimbra was that it had to "take
over" the entire server (xen comes to mind, but that was not an option
at the time).

It would not allow you to use the existing accounts, imap-server,
smtp-server and all other already running services.
I'd prefer something that will live and play nicely with an existing
installation, so I can access my mail with both mutt, imap, mapi and
webmail - depending on where I am and what client I have available.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen