Help! fc2->fc5

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Fri May 5 14:42:26 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 03:11am, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Leon wrote:
> > You will be better off doing a clean install. There are issues even
> > upgrade from FC4.
>
> What are the issues? I upgraded two machines (using yum upgrade) from
> FC4 without trouble. I'd like to upgrade our server next (reinstallation
> is not an option) and would like to avoid any known issues.

Then you need to upgrade from FC2 -> FC3 -> FC4 -> FC5.

Also, don't do "yum upgrade", use anaconda, booting from a CD instead.  Using
"yum upgrade" there are 20 some odd "corner cases" and such that are not
handled (things about the changes between FC4 -> FC5.  Anaconda knows these
things and gets things right.

I had excellent results upgrading my FC4 notebook to FC5 using Anaconda.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor