Re: Heads-up: Requiring PAE for running Xen

Steve Bonneville wrote:
"Antonio Vargas" <windenntw gmail com> wrote:

xen always needed p6 hardware (didnt run on k6-II for example),
and AFAIK p6 supports PAE always, so not any lose here i think

Nope.  "Banias" and at least early "Dothan" Pentium M and Celeron M
processors don't have working PAE.  I know some IBM ThinkPad T41

Are you sure that they do not have working PAE? I believe they are just reporting that they do not have working PAE, but if you'll try to use it, it will work.

laptops will fall into this problem.  I'm not sure if there are any
AMD processors in the Athlon and later era that don't have PAE, but
there may be.

All (reasonable) AMD's processors have PAE. But as Alan said, it might be problem for VIA's processors.
							Petr