Fedora Kernel Sources

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun May 21 09:08:26 UTC 2006

On 5/20/06, SCOTT LOVE <scottlove at verizon.net> wrote:

> I am trying to install the latest FC 5 sources to do some device driver
> work.  I am following the instructions at
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#id2983562,
> but
>

> rpm -Uvh kernel-<version>.src.rpm   always returns unable to find specified
> version.  For the version number I fill in the value returned from uname –r
> which is:
>

> 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5.
>

> Any thoughts on why this is not working to get the sources?
>

> Scott
> --

I am actually in exactly the same boat as you. People over at #fedora
seemed reluctant to help, not sure why. I just gave up on using yum
for this, and downloaded and installed it manually from here:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.16-1.2111_FC5.src.rpm

--
To be updated...