rawhide rebuild in mock status 2006-05-19

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Sun May 21 23:18:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 08:30 +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > right now I'm mostly concerned with the idea that in order to build for
> > x86_64 we have to first have i686 built.
> >
> > That sort of works against all the assumptions we've been making for a
> > while.
> >
> > So far I've not heard an explanation for it it has simply been asserted
> > that it must be so.
>
> This is not true for most packages, only very few need to have
> 32bit packages installed in the buildroot.
>
> We anyway build x86_64 and x86 packages on the same machine.
> Seth, what is your concern here?

That it feels wrong and klunky to have to have a working i686
distribution before we can have a working x86_64 distribution.

I know it's not the goal of fedora but at some point I would hope we
could just rid ourselves of i686 forever once x86_64 saturation is
sufficiently complete.

Anyway to fix the problem for the mock case in your mock.cfg make it
look like this:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=1
reposdir=/dev/null
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
retries=20
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=0
assumeyes=1
exclude=*.i386 *.486 *.586 *.i686 *.athlon
includepkgs=glibc*.i686 *.x86_64 *.ia32e *.noarch

that should allow for the specific packages you want.

whomever is running against this error, please let me know if the above
succeeds.

thanks,
-sv