rawhide report: 20060524 changes

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl
Wed May 24 16:41:36 UTC 2006

Dnia 24-05-2006, śro o godzinie 12:15 -0400, Bill Nottingham napisał(a):
> Tomasz Kłoczko (kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl) said:
> > Dnia 24-05-2006, śro o godzinie 03:54 -0400, Build System napisał(a):
> > [..]
> > > fribidi-0.10.7-3
> > > ----------------
> > > * Tue May 23 2006 Caolan McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> 0.10.7-3
> > > - rh#192669# clearly I didn't actually get around to basing fribidi-config
> > >   of pkg-config output
> >
> > Instead fixing all <foo>-config scripts better will be remove them all
> > and move all <foo> lib detections to use pkgconfig.
> > This allow strip down entrophy on this area instead enlarging ..
>
> That would require patching all *upstream* users of library <foo>
> to change their configury, which could involve redoing all of their
> auto* files. It's not a 'small' amount of work.

And what is so problematic in make this as "this feacture will be
disscontinued in FC6 ?"
Again: on strict distribution packages set amout of work is compareable
but just introduced way allow continue to grow entrophy .. probably this
way will create in future more cases for fixing.
Why not cut this now ?

kloczek