A sole, standard proxy library for Fedora

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Fri May 26 17:34:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 11:11 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I have a laptop that travels with me from work (where there's the
> use of web proxies) to home (where I don't), and was overwhelmed
> by the number of config files that I have to switch over every time
> I move from one place to the other.

Most CLI apps will honor http_proxy/ftp_proxy environment variables for
proxying.  GUI apps may or may not support that, I can't say that I've
tried.  Gnome (and I'm sure KDE) have their own control panel setting
for that, but that only applies to apps that make use of their VFS
library.  If they do their own web access, they may not honor it.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>