seth vidal wrote:
I found Jeremy's code here.On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 13:50 +0200, Damien Durand wrote:It's possible to look the sources of this application? I'm intersted to contribute, I need to know the list of thing to be made.the backend daemon is checked into yum cvs: http://devel.linux.duke.edu/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/yum/yum-updatesd.py?view=log the frontend applet is in fedora cvs, I think, but I've not seen it yet. Jeremy, where is it? -sv
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous elvis redhat com:/usr/local/CVS
cvs checkout pirut
take a look at publet.py.
I have done a little test.
1. copy 'etc/yum-updatesd.conf' from yum CVS Head to ' /etc/dbus-1/system.d/'
2. create '/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf'
emit_via = dbus
run_interval = 60 # Check for update every 60 sek.
3. run 'sudo python yum-updatesd.py -f' from a directory containing yum CVS head.
4. run 'dbus-monitor --system' in another window to monitor DBus signals.
5. run 'python publet.py' from a directory containing the pirut CVS checkout.
Every 60 sek, you will see DBus signal from yum-updatesd.py telling is any updates is availible.
If any updates is available, publet.py will show an icon in the notification area.
I have used FC5 for the test and gnome-python2-libegg need to be installed for puplet.py.