Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Fri Nov 24 11:02:50 UTC 2006

> In fact,  for this next development cycle, I'd like to
> change how the boot.iso and such  work for rawhide, in that it doesn't
> KNOW about any packages, rather it just  has core and extras as
> preselected remote repositories.  This way you can use  a good
> combination of kernel and anaconda to install day after day after day,
> and rawhide becomes nothing more than a createrepo call.

After previous successful attempts with "FC6" and out-of-sync "rawhide"
rescue CDs, I have now even managed to install current "rawhide" by using
the "http" install option of the original "FC5" (!) install media which is
good news for people plagued by "anaconda" issues [except for very recent
hardware] and also allows to lower consumption of CD media for installing
"rawhide" systems :)
I think the switch to the "yum" based install system with "FC5" was a huge
improvement!