fc6 install fail on HP ProLiant ML320 G4

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Nov 7 13:01:35 UTC 2006

Il giorno sab, 04/11/2006 alle 09.20 +0100, Mogens Kjaer ha scritto:

> Can you boot a knoppix cd and do an lspci and post the output here?

I have grab some log with strace when anaconda start X ....

	http://www.solinos.it/pubblica/fc6-proliant-ml320.tar.gz

The package contain this files:

anaconda.log	# log produced from start anaconda
libuser.LDHEPT	# anaconda logs...
libuser.PMJQhY	# anaconda logs...
ramfs/		# anaconda dir ...
startanaconda   # shell to start anaconda with strace
startx          # (minitest on vt7) shell to start X and mini-wm
syslog		# anaconda logs...
XConfig.test	# anaconda Xconfig ...
x.log           # (minitest on vt7) strace log produced from startx

o Start with NFS setup.
o X start and block when sov the X cursor......
o CTR+ALT+F2
o Kill X and mini-wm process
o Run the shell startanaconda to produce the anaconda.log
o X start on vt6 great but stop when X cursor appear
o CTRL+ALT+F2
o Grab this logs and scp on my notebook.

Unfortunately I am not able to analyze the log and understand what
happens.
If someone is interested to analyze it and send me some suggest in order
to install FC6 on this HP, today I can check the suggest

Many thanks to all !!

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>