Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Sat Nov 11 13:26:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 14:10 +0100, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> JS> -jef"Every single iso image deadline in that mock up that you
> JS> expect to pass through release engineering will slip by a
> JS> week..garunteed. You want a to see 8 milestone isos.. that 2
> JS> months of delay associated with any strawman schedule. Hold your
> JS> breath."spaleta
>
> Would it be possible to automatically detect when the rawhide tree is
> in shape for installation, and then spin an ISO? I bet it would mean
> some broken ISO's in the beginning, but hopefully the automatic
> problem detection would be improved over time.

with something like KVM (kvm.sf.net) you could do fully automatic ISO
spinning, and then do a trial install automated into the virtual machine
(using kickstart) that then could "phone home" when finished.
It's a good QA thing, and it's a first step towards more frequent/more
reliable iso spins, but it's not a substitute for humans doing trial
installs/freezes :(