Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Nov 11 18:11:59 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 04:52, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> The OP is right though that having our few rawhide users spend their
> time doing yum --exclude instead of opening & verifying bugs is hardly a
> good resource use. We have nice scripts to check repo sanity post
> release, couldn't they be run pre-release to block obviously broken
> changes ?

The broken dep isn't always something everybody would hit, and with the size
of the package base it would be pretty hard to hold up trees from being
released until such time the entire package set has no broken deps.  It would
leave testers out in the cold for testing specific package functionality or
testing bugfixes.  I think we're putting too much emphasis on rawhide being a
completely installable tree.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora