FC5 -> FC6 - is a clean install or upgrade the best path?

Jim Clarke jclarke at wiredunderground.com
Tue Nov 14 18:55:40 UTC 2006

Most recently on one of our servers I have upgraded from FC5 > FC6 and yes you
do not get all the "bells and whistles". What it does is upgrade the core, and
rpm modules installed to the FC6 corresponding rpm's.  A re-install will
definently be the best and give you all the bells and whistles. However on our
one server that was upgraded to FC6 I have way to many custom scripts and
configs to redo.  Was looking forward to the eye candy provided from FC6.
However manually installing some of these nice additions manually via yum
should not be an issue? Anyone have a "yum install" list of what they have
done to make use of the extra's from FC6 after an upgrade would be most
beneficial.

On another note I have noticed a nice OS speed increase and gui stability
within Gnome which is very nice!

cheers,

Jim Clarke

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:25:43 -0800, W.John Guineau wrote

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
If you are not the CanIt administrator and you think this

Spam:        http://www.wiredunderground.com/CanIt/b.php?c=s&i=77108&m=2893307b999b
Not spam:    http://www.wiredunderground.com/CanIt/b.php?c=n&i=77108&m=2893307b999b
Forget vote: http://www.wiredunderground.com/CanIt/b.php?c=f&i=77108&m=2893307b999b