rawhide report: 20061118 changes

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 20:04:48 UTC 2006

Dnia 11/18/2006 08:33 PM, Użytkownik Ralf Ertzinger napisał:
> Was that supposed to be a joke?

Well, no :-) If you don't believe me you can alway check #nouveau irc logs:
http://lattice.u-strasbg.fr/irclogs/nouveau-2006-11-16
http://lattice.u-strasbg.fr/irclogs/nouveau-2006-11-17

(grep for "ajax")

> I thought that the nouveau project had not produced anything close to
> usable code up to now, bot I may be mistaken, of course.

I presume that you have been misled by this sentence:

"What is the current state of things ?

Currently, nothing works. If you're not a developer, you're not
interested in this at all."

from nouveau main page ;) It was only written to scare normal users.
nouveau driver was based on nv one so 2D works fine. Code is being
deobfuscated and EXA acceleration was added. Reverse engineering part is
almost finished so 3D driver should be available in the near future :)
Dual head support will be added after RandR 1.2 merging into X server.

Maybe driver is still rough but Fedora's 5th objective is:

"Be on the leading edge of open source technology, by adopting and
helping develop new features and version upgrades."

Regards,
	Dawid

--

   ^_*