update from fc 5 -& gt; 6 thinkpad t23 savage, dri is

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Thu Nov 23 12:06:11 UTC 2006

> Hi,
> i implemented the patch, dri is active, glxgears runs one time with
> black windows, after that glxinfo shows no info about gl.

This unfortunate result is due to the fact that I had accidentally attached
the unpatched, original "FC6" package
"xorg-x11-drv-savage-2.1.1-5.fc6.i386.rpm" to my mail to Jörn instead of the
updated one. The latter which adds the patch mentioned above and drops M.
Harris' [non working] "disable dri" patch actually does the job [agreeing
with Jörn's later result].