FC6 on a HP DC7700

Dominink Schnitzer dominik-dated-1167177383.0e3370 at schnitzer.at
Sun Nov 26 23:56:44 UTC 2006

Gianluca Sforna <giallu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/23/06, Arjan van de Ven <arjan <at> fenrus.demon.nl> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 19:06 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I just put my hands on a shiny HP DC7700, a Core 2 Duo based PC, but I
> > > can't boot the installer because it hangs right after detecting
> > > keyboard and mouse (PS/2)
> > >
> > > Does anyone experienced similar issues?

Hi,

We've bought 5 of these desktops and and have exactly the same problems.. It
seems that it's not possible to boot into any Linux System at all. Besides FC,
we've tried Knoppix 4.02, 5.01, Ubuntu Breezy and Edgy 6.10.

So far I've tried passing: "nolapic noapic acpi=off fb=false pci=bios" to the
kernel but none of these in any combination worked.

Did you have any success?

> I guess this is going to be tricky installation...

I hope there will be an installation at all :-)

greetings,
dominik.