Desktop-effects

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Nov 29 18:04:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 16:54 -0500, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Ray Strode wrote:
> >> But desktop-effects has more strings than just the desktop file.
> >>

> > Ah right...We should just upstream it at elvis, I guess.
> >
> Desktop Effects is already checked into elvis.

Is there no upstream effort to provide such a capplet / control panel as
part of say... compiz? It seems very wrong to me that each distribution
is doing their own thing here. Besides, if this lived on cvs.gnome.org
it would probably already be translated into a myriad of languages
already...

Am I missing something?

     David