Xfce 4.4 call for testing

Kevin Fenzi kevin-redhat-devel at scrye.com
Mon Oct 2 16:22:46 UTC 2006

Myself and Christoph (The xfce plugins maintainer for extras) have been
building and testing Xfce4.4rc1 since it's release (and the betas before it).

Things are looking all good with our limited testing now.

I think we have addressed everything such as:

- Some plugins are no longer available in 4.4 as their functionality
has been pulled into core Xfce packages, so we have added the required
Obsoletes/Provides to allow smooth upgrades with those installed.

- Some packages have changed name (xfcalendar is now orage, etc), and
they should be handled correctly.

- Lots of cleanups of the packages.

So, We would like to invite folks to do some more testing on the
packages. If you have never used Xfce, you might take this as a fine
chance to take a look at it. It's a lovely quick desktop env.

In particular I would like to hear from people who already have
the 4.3.2 packages installed and upgrade to the 4.4 packages.

I'm not sure if we are going to try and push things in this week before
fc6 is released, or wait until after fc6 and push them into devel
and then push them into fc6 later. Thoughts on that would be welcome.

For your /etc/yum.repos.d/xfce44.repo file:
--cut--
[xfce44beta]
name=Xfce 4.4 rc1
baseurl=http://www.scrye.com/xfce-4.4rc1/development/RPMS
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
--cut--

Thanks for any feedback and testing you can provide!

kevin