Firefox trademark shenanigans (Re: Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 2 19:37:10 UTC 2006

Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Fedora does what Fedora wants.  I've pushed for new releases because I
> can't possibly keep up with the security backporting.  See above.  The
> fact that I want to meet their needs at this time is a coincidence.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying version upgrades are a bad thing (I'm all
for them), just that not having a choice is a bad thing.

Thanks for the explanations.

It's not just IE, by the way, pretty much all the browsers have "Mozilla" in
their UA strings nowadays. ;-)
Konqueror identifies itself as:
"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux) KHTML/3.5.4 (like Gecko)"

        Kevin Kofler