Re: Compiz not installed by default?

Avi Kivity wrote:

Sounds like either your mesa-libGL or your xorg-x11-server RPM is too old. The opcodes for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap were recently updated, and if libGL and your server disagree on these values, white windows is what you will get. I did add Conflict:'s to the RPMs to prevent this, but maybe that didn't
work.  I have a i965 here that works with todays rawhide; can you try to
update these two packages and see if that works for you?

I'm running mesa-libGL-6.5.1-3.fc6. What's more, I had to recompile i965_dri.so since otherwise glxgears and other opengl apps would fail immediately at startup. Also had some mtrr issues impacting performance.

I'll try those new releases.

compiz now works without issues.  thanks!