Fedora core Chinese font support

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:27:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10/10/06 11:17 +0100, Yuan Yijun wrote:

> 2006/10/9, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com>:
>>
>> FZSongTi, 方正宋体, which is a commercial font.
>>

>> Tweaking font needs some expertise on fontconfig, xft and
>> freetype. It's not a task for end users. I hope fedora come with a
>> better Chinese font support.
>>

> chinese fonts in fc6 has changed a lot from fc5, the look and feel has
> been improved so much that you have never seen in other distributions.
> please compare fc6 to novell again after fc6 released.
>
> --
> bbbush ^_^

Actually I have seen people complaining¹ about Chinese font on FC6
too. The issue is Chinese characters are display nicely in some apps
for example firefox, gedit etc, etc but not in gnome-terminal or
inkscape (when the font size is small). I think this is a bug yet to
be fixed.

Footnotes:
¹  http://www.linuxsir.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=275653
--