Re: concerning X freeze recurring

Warren Togami wrote:
Zuir DJ wrote:

+1.

I have a Compaq EVO N800c, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, rawhide updated
daily,  that I use about 10-12 hours a day.  It randomly freezes about
4-5 times a day, no time patterns. I ran memtest86 without errors.

+1

Thinkpad T41
Radeon 7500

Complete system deadlocks began happening a few months ago in rawhide. Sometimes I can go days between lockups, sometimes it happens a few times a day. It *ALWAYS* seems to happen while I am moving the mouse.

Could all the people who reported problems with the radeon driver try the latest version of the driver (I prepared an SRPM below).

http://www.poolshark.org/src/xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.3-1.src.rpm

Thx!