Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Oct 18 05:18:02 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 16 October 2006 17:26, Jesse Keating wrote:
> <snip>
> Hi, its me again, remember me?  I was the guy who told you we would probably
> release on Thursday of this week.  Yeah, about that...
>
> Bugs suck.  More bugs suck more.  I'd rather go DOWN in bug count with the
> trees we spin than up, so after some regressions popped up, we're going to
> respin again and push the release out until next Tuesday, the 24th.  This
> will ensure we finish playing whack-a-mole with the tree and we give the
> mirrors a fighting chance at getting synced up before we open the flood
> gates.
>
> In the interest of full disclosure (like you couldn't read rawhide report from
> tomorrow...) the following bugs popped up / were noticed / were introduced /
> were fixed due to extra time / and have been fixed (hopefully) with the tree
> I'm spinning, and rawhide that will land tomorrow.
>
> 211097: latest rawhide kernel broke xenguest-install / virt-manager
> 211117: Anaconda traceback + forced reboot when file temporarily unavailable
> 211118: Unable to connect to xend with xen Dom0 kernel and xend running
> 209945: s-c-firewall creates unusable default for ipv6
> 203570: Starting X brings up a blank screen (for mga)
> <nobug>: coolkey package %post errors
> <nobug>: classpathx-mail multilib conflicts
> <nobug>: fedora-release-notes css not optimal for some non-english languages
> <nobug>: broken deps on x86_64 and ppc(64)
>
> So, provided that we don't introduce any NEW bugs while fixing THOSE bugs, the
> tree should be golden as of tonight.  We'll begin syncing once we've finished
> smoke testing the tree tomorrow (you can help too on rawhide!).  There will
> also be a fair number of "0 day" updates for FC6, due to the amount of time
> that we've been frozen and not taking any updates.  Many of these will go
> into updates-testing first, and some testing on those would be good, since
> they saw 0 rawhide time.
>
> That is all, I now return you to your regularly scheduled mortgage and lottery
> spam.

The rawhide tree of 20061017 with kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 successfully
saw all software raid 5 devices and installed nicely via network
install.  Bz 208947 will be updated after some more testing.

Please let this continue for the FC6 final.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)