renaming of SHA1SUM in iso directory

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 18:22:10 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 08:53, Keith G wrote:
> No it's not.  This thread is primarily highlighting the fact that
> SHA1SUM files, which relate to a specific FC version and arch, should
> be named accordingly.  This IMO is a very good idea, because the name
> "SHA1SUM" is meaningless when you have several different ISOs lying
> around.  The ISO file itself is named according to the FC version
> number and arch.  We don't simply call it "ISO".

/me points to boot.iso, vmlinuz, initrd.img, diskboot.img, RELEASE-NOTES.txt,
and any number of other generic named files.  Many of these files have
generic names because they are meant to live within a specific directory
structure.  SHA1SUM being one of them.  You can easily reference the same
file across all releases to get the information.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora